- Consistently perform as a professional, integrity-driven, world class organization committed to the highest of standards
- and driven to recruit men of the highest potential
- Always present a positive image of Alpha Gamma Rho in everything we say or do
- Inspire a pursuit of academic excellence among all our members
- Encourage lifelong involvement in the colleges and universities we call home
- Foster lifelong personal development through innovative educational, leadership, and social opportunities
- Engage all brothers in professional development, promoting lifelong career success
- Attract members representing the breadth, sophistication, scope, and relevance of agriculture
- Reflect, value, and advocate diversity in our membership and professional lives
- Ensure sound financial management and responsibility individually and at all levels of the Fraternity
- Enthusiastically recognize and reward accomplishments consistent with our Promise and Values
Thursday, June 29, 2023
Monday, June 26, 2023
The National Fraternity of Alpha Gamma Rho became a reality on April 4, 1908, when two local fraternities combined. Alpha Gamma Rho founded at The Ohio State University on October 10, 1904, and Delta Rho Sigma founded at the University of Illinois on February 6, 1906.
These two groups are responsible for forming a Fraternity that has grown far beyond what was expected. As Brother Poston (charter member from Ohio State) stated, “From the start, it was our ambition that the name Alpha Gamma Rho in every agricultural college would stand for all that is honorable and just.” Our Fraternity has elevated the social, physical, spiritual, academic and professional status of thousands of young men.
The four pillars of Alpha Gamma Rho are: recruitment, commitment, education and recognition. These four pillars, built upon a firm foundation, support and maintain the integrity of our brotherhood. One of AGR’s earliest Grand President’s, S.K. Bjoronson (North Dakota) said, “I want her men to be leaders of the future, not because they are my Fraternity Brothers, but because I believe them to be the strongest of character and the most honorable and resolute of the times. I want each of them, by their deeds and actions, to justify the existence of Alpha Gamma Rho.” The Brotherhood Covenant pillars make up the principles that Alpha Gamma Rho brothers are expected to live by. Once initiated, each member is required to sign the “Covenant,” which can be accessed here.
Friday, June 23, 2023
Tuesday, June 20, 2023
Alpha Gamma Rho Is The Fraternity Sharing A Common Bond Within A Dynamic, Global Agriculture Committed To Fostering The Highest Values And Providing Each And Every Brother With Superior Lifelong Personal Development And Professional Success.
Sunday, June 18, 2023
Wednesday, June 14, 2023
Sunday, June 11, 2023
The Purpose of Alpha Gamma Rho is to Make Better Men, and through them a broader and better agriculture by surrounding our members with influences tending to encourage individual endeavor, resourcefulness and aggressive effort along lines making for the development of better mental, social, moral and physical qualities; to promote a wider acquaintance and a broader outlook on the part of agricultural men through fellowship in a national organization that stands for the best social, mental and moral development.
Thursday, June 8, 2023
Oregon State highlights significant moments in LGBTQ+ history.
The Oregon State University Pride Center and SOL: LGBTQ+ Multicultural Support Network commemorate Queer History Month this year by way of a timeline that highlights significant moments in queer history from 1924 through 2016.
The timeline was developed by Marin Monteith, a Pride Center leadership liaison, and Alyssa Pinoliar, a community relations representative, and they encourage everyone in the Oregon State community to “continue to grow the interaction and engagement through the joy of education and recognition.”
See More, HERE.
Monday, June 5, 2023
Friday, June 2, 2023
Explore the psychology of decision fatigue, what kinds of choices lead us to this state and what we can do to fight it. -- Everything our bo...
Alumni and Friends, As you may have heard, WE ARE BACK ON CAMPUS!! This spring we initiated 6 members and we look forward to becoming the ...
As of spring term 2022, Alpha Beta Chapter has been off of suspension and is affiliated with Oregon State University. We are currently halfw...
FINANCE YEAR IN SCHOOL: JUNIOR MAJOR: MECHANICAL ENGINEERING HOMETOWN: LAKEVIEW, OREGON Trent Lundy 971-304-9750 331 NW 26th Street Corvalli...