Alpha Gamma Rho is the fraternity sharing a common bond within a dynamic, global agriculture committed to fostering the highest values and providing each and every brother with superior lifelong personal development and professional success.
Wednesday, January 31, 2024
Sunday, January 28, 2024
Thursday, January 25, 2024
- Consistently perform as a professional, integrity-driven, world class organization committed to the highest of standards
- and driven to recruit men of the highest potential
- Always present a positive image of Alpha Gamma Rho in everything we say or do
- Inspire a pursuit of academic excellence among all our members
- Encourage lifelong involvement in the colleges and universities we call home
- Foster lifelong personal development through innovative educational, leadership, and social opportunities
- Engage all brothers in professional development, promoting lifelong career success
- Attract members representing the breadth, sophistication, scope, and relevance of agriculture
- Reflect, value, and advocate diversity in our membership and professional lives
- Ensure sound financial management and responsibility individually and at all levels of the Fraternity
- Enthusiastically recognize and reward accomplishments consistent with our Promise and Values
Monday, January 22, 2024
The National Fraternity of Alpha Gamma Rho became a reality on April 4, 1908, when two local fraternities combined. Alpha Gamma Rho founded at The Ohio State University on October 10, 1904, and Delta Rho Sigma founded at the University of Illinois on February 6, 1906.
These two groups are responsible for forming a Fraternity that has grown far beyond what was expected. As Brother Poston (charter member from Ohio State) stated, “From the start, it was our ambition that the name Alpha Gamma Rho in every agricultural college would stand for all that is honorable and just.” Our Fraternity has elevated the social, physical, spiritual, academic and professional status of thousands of young men.
The four pillars of Alpha Gamma Rho are: recruitment, commitment, education and recognition. These four pillars, built upon a firm foundation, support and maintain the integrity of our brotherhood. One of AGR’s earliest Grand President’s, S.K. Bjoronson (North Dakota) said, “I want her men to be leaders of the future, not because they are my Fraternity Brothers, but because I believe them to be the strongest of character and the most honorable and resolute of the times. I want each of them, by their deeds and actions, to justify the existence of Alpha Gamma Rho.” The Brotherhood Covenant pillars make up the principles that Alpha Gamma Rho brothers are expected to live by. Once initiated, each member is required to sign the “Covenant,” which can be accessed here.
Friday, January 19, 2024
Tuesday, January 16, 2024
Alpha Gamma Rho Is The Fraternity Sharing A Common Bond Within A Dynamic, Global Agriculture Committed To Fostering The Highest Values And Providing Each And Every Brother With Superior Lifelong Personal Development And Professional Success.
Saturday, January 13, 2024
The Purpose of Alpha Gamma Rho is to Make Better Men, and through them a broader and better agriculture by surrounding our members with influences tending to encourage individual endeavor, resourcefulness and aggressive effort along lines making for the development of better mental, social, moral and physical qualities; to promote a wider acquaintance and a broader outlook on the part of agricultural men through fellowship in a national organization that stands for the best social, mental and moral development.
Wednesday, January 10, 2024
Sunday, January 7, 2024
Thursday, January 4, 2024
Renewable power sources like wind and solar need large-scale battery arrays to store the generated energy and supply the electric grid when ...
Alumni and Friends, As you may have heard, WE ARE BACK ON CAMPUS!! This spring we initiated 6 members and we look forward to becoming the ...
The National Fraternity of Alpha Gamma Rho became a reality on April 4, 1908, when two local fraternities combined. Alpha Gamma Rho founded ...
As of spring term 2022, Alpha Beta Chapter has been off of suspension and is affiliated with Oregon State University. We are currently halfw...