Saturday, September 30, 2023
Wednesday, September 27, 2023
Trent Lundy - Chapter President
Parker Young - Recruitment
Zachary Reese - Finance
Jeff Heater - Alumni President
Jeremy Turner - Chapter Advisor
Riley Masters - Scholarship and General Q&A
Saturday, September 23, 2023
The Men of Alpha Gamma Rho Alpha Beta Chapter would like to invite you to join us this weekend, September 23rd and 24th for our Annual Work Weekend. We will be working on getting the house prepared for the start of the school year and in anticipation of recruitment.
Some projects we hope to work on during the upcoming work week:
- Install wood floor in the den
- Paint crest on the basketball court
- Purchase & install a new backboard for the basketball hoop
- Refinish stair surface
- Paint study deck rooms
- Install new bark in flower beds
- Paint new numbers for parking spots
If you plan on attending either day please RSVP with Trent Lundy: 971-304-9750
If you are unable to attend but would like to donate in support of one of the projects listed above please contact Zach Reese: 541-219-9150. Please inform him of the amount you would like to donate and specify which project you would like to fund.
We look forward to seeing you there and appreciate your continued support of the Alpha Beta Chapter.
Thursday, September 21, 2023
Monday, September 18, 2023
The weather is crisp and cold, which means it’s the perfect time to cozy up with a warm meal. If you love soups, casseroles or want to try something new, we’ve got several recipe ideas for you. Try one with a friend, bring one to a family gathering and enjoy!
In Oregon, some of the fresh produce you’ll find throughout the season includes winter squash, Brussel sprouts, kale, cabbage, mushrooms, dried beans, lentils, onions, potatoes, cranberries, apples and root vegetables like carrots and parsnips. OSU Extension’s Food Hero program has an extensive list of recipes ranging from snacks to main courses and everything in between.
Three Sisters Soup
- 1 1⁄2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup diced carrot
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups diced summer or winter squash (fresh or frozen)
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn (fresh or frozen) or a 15-oz can (drained and rinsed)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked beans (any type) or a 15-oz can (drained and rinsed)
- 1 can (15 ounces) diced tomatoes or 2 cups diced fresh
- 3 1⁄2 cups low-sodium broth (any type)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Heat oil in a large pan on medium heat. Add carrot and onion and saute until onions have begun to turn slightly brown, about 8 to 10 minutes.
3. Add garlic, squash and corn and continue to stir for another 3 to 4 minutes.
4. Add beans, tomatoes, broth, cumin and pepper.
5. Allow soup to come to a boil and then turn heat down to a simmer until all vegetables are tender to taste (15 to 30 minutes, depending on the vegetables used).
6. Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Find more, here.
Friday, September 15, 2023
Alpha Gamma Rho is the fraternity sharing a common bond within a dynamic, global agriculture committed to fostering the highest values and providing each and every brother with superior lifelong personal development and professional success.
Tuesday, September 12, 2023
Saturday, September 9, 2023
- Consistently perform as a professional, integrity-driven, world class organization committed to the highest of standards
- and driven to recruit men of the highest potential
- Always present a positive image of Alpha Gamma Rho in everything we say or do
- Inspire a pursuit of academic excellence among all our members
- Encourage lifelong involvement in the colleges and universities we call home
- Foster lifelong personal development through innovative educational, leadership, and social opportunities
- Engage all brothers in professional development, promoting lifelong career success
- Attract members representing the breadth, sophistication, scope, and relevance of agriculture
- Reflect, value, and advocate diversity in our membership and professional lives
- Ensure sound financial management and responsibility individually and at all levels of the Fraternity
- Enthusiastically recognize and reward accomplishments consistent with our Promise and Values
Wednesday, September 6, 2023
The National Fraternity of Alpha Gamma Rho became a reality on April 4, 1908, when two local fraternities combined. Alpha Gamma Rho founded at The Ohio State University on October 10, 1904, and Delta Rho Sigma founded at the University of Illinois on February 6, 1906.
These two groups are responsible for forming a Fraternity that has grown far beyond what was expected. As Brother Poston (charter member from Ohio State) stated, “From the start, it was our ambition that the name Alpha Gamma Rho in every agricultural college would stand for all that is honorable and just.” Our Fraternity has elevated the social, physical, spiritual, academic and professional status of thousands of young men.
The four pillars of Alpha Gamma Rho are: recruitment, commitment, education and recognition. These four pillars, built upon a firm foundation, support and maintain the integrity of our brotherhood. One of AGR’s earliest Grand President’s, S.K. Bjoronson (North Dakota) said, “I want her men to be leaders of the future, not because they are my Fraternity Brothers, but because I believe them to be the strongest of character and the most honorable and resolute of the times. I want each of them, by their deeds and actions, to justify the existence of Alpha Gamma Rho.” The Brotherhood Covenant pillars make up the principles that Alpha Gamma Rho brothers are expected to live by. Once initiated, each member is required to sign the “Covenant,” which can be accessed here.
Sunday, September 3, 2023
Explore the psychology of decision fatigue, what kinds of choices lead us to this state and what we can do to fight it. -- Everything our bo...
Alumni and Friends, As you may have heard, WE ARE BACK ON CAMPUS!! This spring we initiated 6 members and we look forward to becoming the ...
As of spring term 2022, Alpha Beta Chapter has been off of suspension and is affiliated with Oregon State University. We are currently halfw...
FINANCE YEAR IN SCHOOL: JUNIOR MAJOR: MECHANICAL ENGINEERING HOMETOWN: LAKEVIEW, OREGON Trent Lundy 971-304-9750 331 NW 26th Street Corvalli...