Monday, August 29, 2022

Student Profile: Michelle, transfer student from Portland and Kenya


Oregon State is the destination of choice for transfers from community colleges and other schools, with 1,169 transfer students this fall, a 1.3% increase over last year. For Michelle, completing her first two years at a community college before transferring to Oregon State had always been the plan, ever since her uncle strongly recommended the university. She came to OSU from Portland Community College as a junior this fall.

“I’ve always known that OSU is really good in science majors and research opportunities, and for me, that was the basis of why I wanted to come here,” she says. “I’m a pre-med major, but I’m still also interested in a lot of research, something to do with microbiology or genetics. I’ve been able to meet up with a mentor here.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Think Fast, Talk Smart: Communication Techniques

Matt Abrahams is a lecturer of strategic communication at Stanford GSB and the host of the award-winning podcast "Think Fast, Talk Smar...